So, today was my first day running since having Caleb. (And my first time running in about a year!) I had intended on getting started about a week after he was born, to get in shape enough to run the See Jane Run half-marathon. Hmm. That was probably the most ambitious/ridiculous goal ever. I wasn’t expecting to have a c-section again, and I had no idea how much more tired I would be with a newborn and 2 5-year-olds.
So, 3 months later, here I am. I’m not even close to being able to run a half marathon, so I signed up to run the 5K instead. A much more attainable goal for 4 1/2 weeks of training. I ran about 1 1/2 miles this morning. (Which sounds so little to me… ) But you have to start somewhere again, right? And Caleb did great too! So, here’s to many, many more runs!
- May 4, 2010Back to the Grind(3) Comments
- April 29, 2010Long Overdue(0) Comments
- October 5, 2009Baby Name Help(5) Comments
- September 25, 2009Simple Pleasures(2) Comments
- September 21, 2009Pregnancy Woes(3) Comments
- September 14, 2009We're having a B-O-Y!(2) Comments
- September 8, 2009Labor Day Weekend(3) Comments
- August 31, 2009Dating and Kissing and Boys! (Oh My!) (3) Comments
- August 25, 2009First Day of School(4) Comments
- August 22, 2009Turning 5 and Starting School(0) Comments